Saturday, November 1, 2008

TARANTULA!!!!

Okay, so I know that we live in the desert, but that doesn't mean that I want to see all the creepy crawlies that the desert has to offer.
This morning, I found this tarantula at our front door...

So, I'm screamed out for Robert, and he laughed, thinking that I was exaggerating the size of the spider and just calling it a tarantula...then he saw it and said.."Whoa." I finally got him to sweep it away from the house (while staying a good distance away!)


Then Robert refused to smash the thing and said to just let it go.......LET IT GO?????? I wanted it DEAD! So I got the boys to help me get it into the street....

The picture above is Joshus throwing a brick at it and trying smash it for me.....sadly, he missed.
Matthew had a go at it, and VOILA....the tarantula popped and his big, round, icky body was no more. I know God made all creatures....but I couldn't sleep at night knowing that this guy was trying to get into my house....so, he had to die.


I will be sleeping tonight. Unfortunately for the tarantula, he won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure I want to go to your house anymore LOL.