Saturday, September 13, 2008

To be or not to be.....

Okay, so I'm wondering if God really wants us to build this wall or not! The contractor just called to say that now he can't build the wall....not he has to postpone it, but that he can no longer take the job (family emergency). This has taken us forever to get moving and I'm wondering if we need to just forget the idea of a wall. However, we can't sell or rent the house with sandbags around it either!! Which takes us back to building a wall.
For those of you who don't know the backround, our house got hit by a flash flood last month and I've been dealing with the aftermath since. I don't want to go through all this hassle again and it seems like it's either build a retaining wall or keep the sandbags there.
Maybe a few days will clear things up!! For now, I'm headed back to Home Depot to sign more papers about getting the carpet in. It'll take awhile to order the carpet and then schedule an install date, but just the thought of sleeping on my own bed instead of the couch sounds so heavenly that a couple of weeks will be a drop in the bucket!!

2 comments:

Drealyn said...

YEA!!!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, I'm so proud **sniff**sniff**